Vitamin C is an important vitamin in the development and repair of all body tissues, including the skin!
The benefits of Vitamin C:
- Reduces wrinkles, promoting the production of hyaluronic acid and collagen.
- Restores a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Fights dark spots, regulating the production of melanin.
- Protects skin from UV and pollution, counteracting free radicals.
- Revives slowed down cellular functions, helps get rid of dullness and restores tone and vitality to the skin.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which means it boosts the body’s immune system by protecting cells from harmful free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause damage to our cells—air pollution, UV radiation, pesticides and smoking are all examples of causes of free radical damage. By increasing antioxidant levels by up to 30%, Vitamin C helps your body to reduce inflammation and many corresponding unwanted skin issues.
Not only does Vitamin C repair and protect your cells—it also helps to preserve the integrity of chemical exfoliants in your existing skincare routine—most famously, retinol. Vitamin C and retinol are a perfect pair as Vitamin C prevents retinol from oxidizing as it penetrates deeper into the skin.
The human body does not produce water-soluble Vitamin C naturally, so it must be consumed in diet, supplements, and—for skin care purposes—applied directly to your skin. Gina’s Skin Therapists recommend applying a high-quality Vitamin C in your morning skin routine to protect your skin and glow throughout the day.
Below we’ve listed some of our favourite Vitamin C rich products!
New Light Ampoule – Skincode
Intensive Illuminating Concentrate 15ml
This serum is for those suffering from spots and an uneven complexion as it regulates the formation of melanin. Formulated to target irregular brown patches on the face which worsen after sun exposure.
The specific active ingredients:
- 10% Rosehip oil, organic, rapidly absorbs into the skin. One of the richest natural sources of Vitamin C,E,A,F.
- Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate 3%: Highly stabilized and bioavailable fat-soluble Vitamin C with a greater penetration than pure water-soluble Vitamin C.
- Tocopherol 1.5%: Pure Vitamin E to protect lipophilic structures. Perfect in combination with Vitamin C for synergistic protection to nourish and protect the skin from external agents.
- Chromanol 0.07%: Regulates the production of melanin, with a marked anti-spot action. Also protects the skin from the harmful action of free radicals and pollutants preventing skin damage.
How to Use:
Layering (product overlapping):
First apply the serum for the specific areas of the face and then continue with the application of the cream.
Mix & Match ('serum IN cream'):
Mix the products to personalize the cream treatment - add 2 or 3 drops of serum to the cream dose sufficient for 1 application on the palm of the hand. Mix with a finger and apply to the face.
Whitelight Serum-Lotion with Vitamin C 125ml bottle
Used immediately after cleansing it tones and refreshes the face, restoring radiance. Enhanced with hyaluronic acid, White Serum-lotion quenches thirsty skin and counteracts the yellow, lacklustre tone caused by stress and ageing to give a new glow to the skin.
- Vitamin C – anti ageing brightening
- Cell detoxium – rids the skin of internal waste and toxins
- Hyaluronic acid – moisturising
- Phytic acid – balances melanin, fights dark spots
- Glycans – prevents collagen break down, fights ageing
How to Use:
Apply a few drops all over the face, massage in until absorbed or place on a cotton disc and apply.
VITAMIN C 20% - INTENSIVE SERUM PEARLS
Part of the Whitelight Kit Even-White Intensive Face Program
28 single-use pearls
This toner has a unique gel texture—performing more like a serum than a liquid.
Each precious pearl contains a serum rich in 20% Vitamin C in a highly pure and stable form plus RASPBERRY STEM CELLS. The secret to this serum is its ability to stay fresh and active (Vitamin C quickly breaks down and becomes ineffective).
This pearl encapsulation provides a time release and is easily absorbed only after opening the product and following the contact with the skin.
This intensive serum offers all the benefits of Vitamin C combined with the Raspberry Stem cells to fight ageing and give a boost of vitality to the skin for a bright, youthful and fresh, healthy looking skin.
Can be used under your usual DDP cream to fight the damage of pollution, UV rays and general ageing.
How to Use:
Open one Vitamin C pearl. Apply the content of a pearl to your fingertips, then using upwards strokes massage all over the face and neck until fully absorbed. Avoid direct contact with the eyes.
To learn more or to find the best product recommendations for your skin, reach out to Ginas Spa Hair Studio Medi Spa here.