You can have some fun with your pet with Halloween fast approaching.
The Humane Society of Kitchener Waterloo & Stratford Perth has been running its Howl-O-Ween pet photo contest since the beginning of the month.
The entry fee is a $10 donation to the Humane Society.
Some of the front runners so far include Zoey Moo Cow Cool Girl and Wrigley & Chester, who are dressed as Mario and Luigi.
You can find more information and check out the entries so far at: www.gogophotocontest.com/howloweenphotocontest.
The contest closes November 1.
The Humane Society would also like to remind owners that comfort and safety should be top of mind when putting their pet in a costume:
- Give your pet time to adjust to the costume.
- Let your pet smell the costume first and then give them a reward.
- Head and neck portions of the costume may cause your pet the most discomfort and may need to be removed or modified.
- Scratching, shaking or rubbing are signs that your pet is not comfortable with the costume and you should take it off or make modifications.
- If you are taking your pet outside in their costume, make sure their collar and leash remain unobstructed.