The production crew for "Ruby Road" a.k.a. The Handmaid's Tale is returning to Cambridge next week to film in Hespeler and Galt, including some scenes involving simulated violence.
INVEST Cambridge says it's excited to welcome four more days of filming for the series' fifth season.
Filming will take place May 16-17, May 19 and May 24, and could involve some highly visible graphic content that may be disturbing.
Community members are advised to avoid the filming locations.
May 16-17 and May 24
- Private residence on Guelph Avenue (interior and exterior filming on the property). All filming will be taking place on private property (7am to 11pm daily).
- Intermittent Traffic Control on Guelph Avenue between Sheffield St and Fisher Mills Road
- Residential Filming
- Basecamp will be located at Hespeler Arena
- Crew parking will be located on private property
- Tech parking will be located on Shaw Avenue East and Henry Villa Drive
- Parking impacts for the May 24 visit will begin on May 21
May 19, 2022
- Mill Race Park/Living Levee Trail (from 7am until 11pm)
- Intermittent Traffic Control on Parkhill Road Bridge (outside of rush hours)
- Simulated violence and horror elements
- Replica weapons
- Basecamp will be located in the Water Street side of Churchill Park. This lot will be closed to the public during this time, and park access/parking will be available via Christopher Drive.
- 40 spaces in Water St Lot #1 (north end)
- On-street parking on Water St N
There will be minimal impact on surrounding businesses.
The INVEST team says it is grateful for the support the film industry receives from our local businesses, community members, and visitors, and urges residents to continue to shop local and support small businesses while filming is taking place.
Stay up-to-date on what is filming in our community and how it may impact your travel by subscribing to our film notifications online!
Anyone with questions can contact the INVEST Cambridge office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 740-4685.