The overall total is now at 18,223.
The active caseload is down to 149.
There are currently 19 people receiving treatment in a local hospital; 12 are in intensive care.
Over 80 per cent of residents 12 and over have received at least one dose of the vaccine, which works out to over 718,000 doses. Over 60 per cent of residents 12 and over have been fully vaccinated.
Here are some other updates from the region's dashboard:
- 4,563 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 3,122 are the Alpha variant (first found in U.K.) - 21 are linked to the Beta variant (first detected in South Africa) - 1,065 are linked to the Delta strain (first located in India) - 96 are linked to the Gamma variant (first found in Brazil) - 259 cases where a mutation has been detected
- The local death toll remains at 281. No new deaths were reported Wednesday
- 17,780 resolved cases (97 per cent)
- Over 535,700 tests have been done
- Grand River Hospital (ICU-A)
- Trades & Related Services 19 (4 cases)
- Trades & Related Services 20 (2 cases)
- Congregate setting 5 (2 cases)
- Home Childcare Centre 5 (5 cases)
- Rising Oaks Early Learning Day Camp (8 cases)
- Warehousing 8 (4 cases)
- Hockey day camp at University of Waterloo (2 cases)
- General office setting 15 (3 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 39 (14 cases)
- St. Mary’s General Hospital (Fourth floor)
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 8.16 million residents fully vaccinated --- 18.47 million doses have been administered
- 548,609 total cases
- 537,975 resolved cases
- 139 people are in hospital - 145 are in intensive care (***This number includes patients who are in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) levels 2 and 3 flex, neonatal, pediatric and adult. It includes people who are on ventilators and people who are not***) - 70 are on a ventilator
- 9,300 deaths (4 new)
- 20,750 tests completed Tuesday --- Over 16.39 million since January 15, 2020