Region of Waterloo Public Health reported 49 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, two were added to previous daily totals.
It compares with just 21 new cases on Tuesday, and puts the overall total at 20,963.
Hospitalizations remain at 11 --- six people are in intensive care (Hospital data is current to Nov. 29).
The active caseload is up slightly to 238.
79.25 per cent of residents five and over in Waterloo Region are now fully vaccinated. Over 950,000 doses have been administered to local residents (Note: The 5 to 11 category was added to the dashboard Monday, which is why the percentage has changed).
Here are some other updates from the region's COVID summary dashboard:
- 7,198 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 3,127 are the Alpha variant - 21 are linked to the Beta variant - 3,690 are linked to the Delta strain - 98 are linked to the Gamma variant - 262 cases where a mutation has been detected
- The local death toll remains at 307. No new deaths were reported Wednesday
- 20,416 resolved cases (97 per cent)
- Over 647,000 tests have been done
There are 10 outbreaks in the region:
- NEW Cedar Creek Public School - cohort (2 cases)
- NEW Construction 16 (3 cases)
- Retail 18 (2 cases)
- JHCC Riverside Childcare Centre (2 cases)
- Manufacturing/industrial 45 (2 cases)
- Health services - chiropractic (3 cases)
- Retail 17 (2 cases)
- Transportation 4 (3 cases)
- Career, skills and training 1 (4 cases)
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic Elementary School (20 cases)
Meanwhile, the province reported 780 new cases Wednesday --- 369 were unvaccinated.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 86 per cent of those 12 and over have been fully vaccinated
- 619,270 total cases
- 602,515 resolved cases
- In hospital due to COVID - 94 unvaccinated - 12 partially vaccinated - 50 fully vaccinated. ICU data - 59 unvaccinated - 5 partially vaccinated - 22 fully vaccinated
- 10,005 deaths (5 new)
- 35,364 tests completed Tuesday --- Over 19.77 million since January 15, 2020