Region of Waterloo Public Health added 19 new cases of COVID-19 to its summary dashboard on Tuesday. Data was not provided Monday due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
There have been 19,852 cases here since March, 2020.
The active caseload is now down to 119.
Six people are being treated for the virus in a local hospital --- four are in intensive care.
85 per cent of residents 12 and over are now fully vaccinated. Over 89 per cent of eligible residents have received at least one dose of the vaccine, which works out to over 894,000 doses.
Here are some other updates from the region's COVID summary dashboard:
- 6,546 cases have screened positive for variants of concern - 3,127 are the Alpha variant (first found in U.K.) - 21 are linked to the Beta variant (first detected in South Africa) - 3,038 are linked to the Delta strain (first located in India) - 98 are linked to the Gamma variant (first found in Brazil) - 262 cases where a mutation has been detected
- 19,430 resolved cases (98 per cent)
- There have been 300 COVID-related deaths in the region. No new deaths were reported Tuesday
- Over 607,000 tests have been done
There are eight active outbreaks in the region:
- NEW Grand River Collegiate (2 cases)
- NEW Parkway Public School (2 cases)
- Hespeler Public School (2 cases)
- Trinity Village Studios Retirement Home (3 cases in residents)
- Garderie Des Lutins Kitchener - childcare (3 cases)
- JF Carmichael Public School (3 cases)
- Woodland Christian High School - multiple cohorts (6 cases)
- Food Processing 14 (4 cases)
Meanwhile, the province reported 848 cases in the past two days --- of the Tuesday cases, 260 were unvaccinated.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are posted below:
- 82 per cent of those 12 and over have been fully vaccinated
- 592,714 total cases
- 578,553 resolved cases
- In hospital due to COVID - 94 unvaccinated - 12 partially vaccinated - 39 fully vaccinated. ICU data - 68 unvaccinated - 7 partially vaccinated - 14 fully vaccinated
- 9,792 deaths
- 18,280 tests completed Monday --- Over 18.41 million since January 15, 2020